This Training is for Active Police, Probation, Corrections, Agents, and Analyst Only
Course Fee: $200
COURSE DETAILS: Did you get the dope but not the money? Did you find the cash but thought there might be more that you missed? Billions of dollars in illicit money are laundered and very few cases are ever investigated even though there were thousands of violations last year in every county in the nation.
Money laundering cases are not as complex as they appear, and you do not need an accounting degree to investigate them. This class is designed for the detective, investigator, or task force officer who wants to learn the basics of money laundering investigations. Chasing Money attendees will learn:
- How to work money laundering cases with limited resources
- Federal v. State criminal violations and which one is better
- How to proactively search the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN) and Transaction Record Analysis Center database to identify money laundering activity in your jurisdiction
- How to identify criminal indicators in Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) and use them to develop probable cause
- Non-traditional sources of evidence and information including bank records, business records, and other overlooked resources
- How to locate a suspect’s undiscovered bank accounts
INSTRUCTOR: Aaron Edens is an Intelligence Analyst with a metropolitan county Sheriff’s Office with prior assignments to the HIDTA, Gang Intelligence Unit, and Investigations Bureau. He retired as a Police Officer from the Hayward Police Department where he had been assigned to the Intelligence Unit for more than half his career. Mr. Edens was previously assigned to the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Joint Terrorism Task Force-International Terrorism/Middle Eastern Organized Crime Squad and worked on multiple OCDETF cases including those involving electronic surveillance. He has been a forensic examiner for cellular devices since 2005 and has completed thousands of investigations involving mobile devices and is a court recognized expert in two states and multiple counties. Mr. Edens is the 2020 and 2022 California Narcotics Officers’ Association Instructor of the Year and regularly instructs for the California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training Institute of Criminal Investigation.
HANDOUTS: Please click here and register for a username and password prior to the start of the class to access class handouts and other useful documents.